Our Story. . .
In 1970, Frank Koaghouchy officially opened the doors to Frank's Autobody for business. The shop was situated next to a sawmill that is now occupied by the Shops at Polson. Though the shop has remained in the same location since it's opening, the legal address has been changed by the city three times*.
In 1975, Frank’s Autobody was sold to Joe Kubash and became known as Kubash Autobody Ltd.
It also received new neighbors when Polson Mall was opened later that same year. Kubash Autobody
continued serving the public until 1980, drawing in customers with its catchy slogan: “if you have a crash call Kubash”.
In 1979, Kubash Autobody became an ICBC accredited shop and was sold back to Frank Koaghouchy in 1980, thus regaining it’s former name: Frank’s Autobody.
Over the years, Frank continued to grow the shop with a reputation for quality and service. Upon Mr. Koaghouchy's retirement in 1999, Percy and Carol Sommerfelt bought Frank’s Autobody and ran it successfully until its purchase by the Brunelle Family in 2007.
As the current owners, our family has enjoyed expanding both the vision and the services the shop provides, including adding two addition repair bays and joining forces with the Collisions Solutions Network team. As a family run business, we are proud to be a part of the wonderful city of Vernon, BC and all it has to offer!
(*From 2407 Coldstream Rd. when it first opened, to 1800 23rd St. in 1975, when the shop was sold to Joe Kubash, and again to its current address #10-1800 Kalamalka Lake Road.)
Since this article was published,
Frank's has been honored to receive this award a total of five times for superior quality, service and workmanship within the collision industry.